Akadama Soil 赤玉土 (Burnt)
- Akadama (赤玉土 akadamatsuchi, red ball earth) is a naturally occurring, granular clay-like mineral used as soil for bonsai trees and other container-grown plants.
- It is surface-mined, immediately sifted and bagged, and supplied in various grades
- The deeper-mined grade being somewhat harder and more useful in horticulture than the more shallow-mined grades.
- Akadama may also act as one component of the growing medium when combined with other elements such as sand, composted bark, peat, or crushed lava.
- Akadama’s color darkens when moist which can help the grower determine when to water a tree.
- Suitable for plants requiring good drainages such as Cacti, Succulents, and Bonsai.
- Grain size is approx. 3mm-6mm.
- Imported from Japan.