Biohome Ultimate is a premium sintered-glass filter media that effectively removes ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from the aquarium water. It is ideal for freshwater aquarium filters such as canister, HOB and sump filters.
It contains special properties such as added trace elements and open-pore structure allowing beneficial bacteria (aerobic and anaerobic) to populate within the media, turning each piece of media into a bio filtration powerhouse.
New Biohome Ultimate takes just 2-3 weeks to reach its optimum bio-filtration capacity and can quickly remove ammonia, nitrite and nitrate from aquarium water.
1 kg of Biohome is capable of treating 3 tons of freshwater, so only a small compartment is sufficient for Biohome to work.
- Premium-quality, sintered-glass filter media
- Inert, non-toxic, safe for aquarium use
- Highly porous media
- Removes ammonia and nitrite by bio filtration
- For use in canister, HOB and sump filters.
- Ideal for freshwater aquarium filters
- Full cycle filtration filter media
- Reduces frequency of water changes significantly
- Does not alter water pH or mineral balance
- Can work even in small bio filters due to high surface area of each piece of media
- Reduces fish diseases
- Promotes healthy growth of fishes and plants
- 1 kg of Biohome is capable of treating 3 tons of freshwater, so only a small compartment is sufficient for Biohome to work
- Each piece of Biohome pellet is about 1/2 inch diameter by 1 1/2 inches long
- Pellet is made of sintered-glass with high porosity of 40.5%
- Largest surface area of any media available – about 560 m2 per 1kg (compared to 20 m2 per 1kg for plastic bio balls)
- Water flows freely around and through the Biohome pellet minimizing clogging from waste
- Recovers quickly after the use of medications
- Can be easily transferred from one filter to another