Mazuri® Hand Feeding Formula is a complete diet designed to promote optimal growth and development for most frugivorous and granivorous avian species from the day of hatch through weaning. This easy-to-mix iron-controlled hand feeding formula for birds is ideal for iron-sensitive species. This diet is shipped as a powder that’s designed to be mixed with water.
- Designed to promote hydration in young birds.
- Ideal levels of natural pigments and vitamins.
- Contains natural source of vitamin E.
- Natural preservatives, and no artificial flavors or colors.
- Contains probiotic organisms – Help initiate gastrointestinal microflora development.
- Easy to mix – Mixing accuracy can be easily observed.
- Iron controlled formula – Ideal for iron-sensitive species.
Product Form: Powder
Product Size: 2 KG Canister
- To ensure complete hydration of the product, mix with cool or room temperature water then add hot water to reach feeding temperatures of 100° to 106° F.
- Under- and over-heating can cause impaired gastric motility and crop burns, respectively.
- Water:formula ratio may vary due to species. Measuring by weight is recommended. Suggested mixing ratios include:
- In the first weeks post-hatch, 90% water:10% formula (by weight).
- As the bird grows, 70% water:30% formula (by weight).
- Mix thoroughly with a fork and whisk.
- The product will turn pink upon mixing, which is normal and provides important pigments to the birds and ensures that mixing is adequate. Some pigments may not be fully absorbed, and pink feces may be observed.
- Refrigerate until feeding time, within 6 hours of mixing. Reheating is not advised.
- Feed until the crop is full using the appropriate hand-feeding syringe. Do not overfeed.
- Most chicks will consume 10% or more of their body weight per feeding, but daily monitoring of weights is the most accurate way to ensure proper growth and feeding rates
- Several weeks before weaning, provide chicks with the food items that it will be consuming, such as high quality extruded diet (e.g., Mazuri® Parrot Breeder Diet or Mazuri® Small Bird Breeder Diet), plus 10-20% (by weight) fruits, veggies and other food items.
For best results, after removal of required amount store in original container with lid firmly affixed. Store in a cool 75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of manufacturing date.