Salifert pH Test Kit Overview
- The pH value in a marine tank has a major impact on the growth of corals and calcareous algae as well as many other biological processes.
- The pH should not be allowed to fluctuate more than approx. 0.2 units during any 24-hour period and should preferably be kept above 8.2.
- If the pH is too low then the cause may be low alkalinity and/or a build up of carbon dioxide caused by insufficient aeration.
- A low pH can be corrected by improving aeration and by increasing the alkalinity.
- The Salifert Test Kit is sufficiently accurate to monitor minor pH fluctuations and is scaled from pH 7.4 - 8.7.
- For saltwater only.
- Sufficient for 50 tests.